A bit out of the DJ realm with this cool new unit from Boss. The RC-202 is the smaller, more compact brother of the RC-505. Why is this relevant to DJs? Because more and more DJs are moving away from classical djing (two or more decks and mixing between tracks) to incorporate live instruments and creative approaches into their sets and performances. This unit allows you to sample sounds and vocals on the fly, loop them, add fx and by doing that add unique and personalized elements to your sets and performances.
It’s a sing of the times that Pioneer DJ has launched its first professional sampler, the Toraiz SP-16, as DJs are demanding and looking for more creative ways of expression.
So back to the RC-202. The features in a nutshell:
- Advanced BOSS technology in a compact tabletop looper that can be operated with your hands
- Two simultaneous stereo phrase tracks with dedicated controls and loop status indicators
- Four Input FX and four Track FX simultaneously available for processing loops with DJ and sampler-style effects
- 64 phrase memories (8 memories x 8 banks), each containing two phrase tracks, custom effects/playback settings, and more
- Expanded external control via optional footswitches or expression pedal and MIDI
XLR mic input with phantom power, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and stereo aux input
- 17 onboard rhythm patterns, including odd-measure beats
- USB for phrase import/export and DAW integration with computer
Check out a performance video featuring Youngr below:
Check out the Boss site for more details.