As BPM | PRO 2016 kicks off, Pioneer has made a series of product announcements, and we are going to cover them right here!
First off is the DJM-450, a two channel DJ mixer that could be seen as the successor of the entry-level DJM-350. That being said, the DJM-450 is well equipped and brings a few features from high-end mixer down to the entry-level.
- Magvel crossfader: Accurate and smooth, it is durable for more than 10 million movements.
- Professional FX with detailed control: filter suite inherited from the DJM-900NXS2, including Sound Colour FX, Beat FX, and send/return.
- Sound Colour FX – Just turn the knob to apply Dub Echo, Sweep, Noise, and Filter
- Beat FX – Add Delay, Echo, Spiral, Reverb, Trans, Flanger, Pitch and Roll in sync with the BPM
- Send/return – Connect apps in mobile device via USB and use them alongside the DJM-450’s internal FX. Choose your preferred return type from Aux or Insert to create the sound you want.
- Bundled licences for rekordbox dj and rekordbox dvs: the DJM-450 comes with free licence keys for our professional dj performance applications rekordbox dj and rekordbox dvs so you can play digital tracks from your PC/Mac using turntables and control vinyl (available separately). The mixer’s built-in sound card means you can connect to your computer using a single USB cable.
- High-quality sound: 64-bit digital signal processor using dithering technology.
- XLR terminal: high-quality audio output
- Two headphone outputs: ¼-inch stereo jack and 3.5 mm mini jack
- Signal GND terminal: easily attach ground wires from analogue turntables
- Gold-plated RCAs: premium sound quality on all connections
- Independent Mic section: Use a microphone and the Aux input at the same time
The Pioneer DJ DJM-450 will be available from November 2016, and will retail at USD 699.