As promised, I dropped by the Reloop stand at NAMM 2017 last Saturday, as always small but very, very busy and met up with Craig for a rundown on the new RMX-90 DVS mixer.
Everyone is excited about the RMX-90 because it basically offers a lot of stuff for a very reasonable price: USD 999.
For that price, you get native Serato DVS support, 4+1 channels, Beat FX with 12 build in effects, innoFADER compatibility, and active HUB on the back to connect additional gear directly through the mixer…
Since this is basically a Serato DJ midi controller, you also have direct access to the Serato DJ FX in addition to those onboard the mixer.
I can confirm that the build quality is present, no cheap parts anywhere to be seen. Finally, you get a full Serato DJ license in the box + the DVS expansion pack, which makes it even more bang for your buck!
- 4+1-channel DJ club mixer
- 8 in/8 out DVS audio interface, 24 bit for Serato DJ
- Serato DJ Plug’n’Play: full version incl. DVS Expansion Pack
- Digital architecture with extensive adjustment possibilities
- 3-band EQ with adjustable behavior, classic/kill
- Sound filter, bi-polar filter unit with LPF and HPF
- High-quality surface in deep black metallic
- Sturdy construction: metal housing, screwed knobs
- Beat FX unit with 12 effects in studio quality: Flanger, Delay, Echo, Reverb, Transformer, Pitch Shift, Loop Roll, Reverse Loop, Noise, Bitcrusher, Gate, Tape Delay
- Two digital displays for visualization of parameter changes
- Extensive setup menu, among others:
- Filter resonance
- EQ frequency range (low, high)
- Audio interface routing
- Booth output zone routing (matrix)
- CUE solo option
- RMX innoFADER compatible
- Adjustable line fader and crossfader curves
- MIDI-compatible control elements
- Active USB hub for the connection of further USB devices
- High-retention USB 2.0 port, especially durable
- Fader-start via 3.5 mm control cable
- Kensington lock to secure the device