Serato has just released Serato DJ 1.9.6, containing mainly a series of improvements that should please DVS users.
DVS sync improvements
- New Anti-Drift option which allows DVS users to stabilize the BPM of playing tracks, perfect for long mixes and blends.
- Smart Sync is now available for DVS users. Sync multiple tracks and sources together easily without tracks falling out of beat.
- New option to allow pitch adjustments to make the BPM of all decks in sync follow.
- Improvements to Needle Drop sensitivity, for increased performance with the Sticker Lock feature and more.
This is good news for DVS users, but also for DJs that have been intimidated by the added challenges of using DVS+turntables versus a DJ controller. With these improvements, it basically becomes much easier to learn to DJ with a DVS setup and as you progress, you can always turn features off.
- Pitch Play mappings for selected supported hardware, including the Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX, DJM-S9, Numark NS7III, NVII and more (requires Pitch ‘n Time DJ license).
- Favorite FX banks option allows you to easily recall your favorite FX configurations.
- Chronological Loops option for saving your Loops in chronological order.
- Loops can now be reordered into your preferred order. Enable/Disable Hot Cues option in the setup menu.
Pitch Play is a great creative feature, and expanding it to more Serato DJ controllers is a great thing. Furthermore, the chronological loop option is a fantastic addition to have more flexibility how you organize loops and cues.
Overall a solid update to Serato DJ, benefiting mainly DVS users but the performance enhancements are interesting for regular Serato DJ users as well. Go get the update here.