Pioneer DJ launched today its newest DJM mixer, the Pioneer DJ DJM-750MK2. The mixer is intended primarily to be used in a home setup, but with all the onboard features it’s not difficult to imagine it could easily find its way into DJ booths.
In many aspects, the DJM-750MK2 is a significant upgrade over the DJM-750, adding a sound color FX knob per channel, FX frequency, improved sound, and many other features.
At USD 1.199, it sits right in the middle of Pioneer Dj’s DJM line-up, sharing many features with the twice as expensive DJM-900NXS2.
When placing the DJM-750MK2 next to the DJM-900NXS2, it’s hard to imagine why budget conscious DJ’s would pay double the price to get the NXS2.
The differences are quite minimal, the most important ones being the lack of double USB on the DJM-750MK2, the lack of the FX X-Pad and 4 color FX instead of 6 (surely there are more differences under the hood, but we won’t go into that here).
Let’s have a more detailed look at the specs.
Straight from the press release:
- Professional layout: Mixing on the DJM-750MK2 feels instinctive thanks to the layout design, which inherits traits from the DJM-900NXS2 professional mixer. You can practice at home, then feel comfortable and ready to perform when you arrive at the club.
- Smooth EQs, channel faders and Magvel crossfader: The EQs and channel faders on the DJM-750MK2 feature curves equivalent to those on the DJM-900NXS2, allowing you to perform precise, seamless mixes. You can eliminate each of the high, mid and low EQ bands when you turn their knobs all the way to the left thanks to the isolator feature, and the channel fader curves give accuracy over long mixes. The Magvel crossfader – also inherited from the DJM-900NXS2 – is smooth, accurate and durable for more than 10 million movements and its cut lag has been improved for more assured and responsive performance compared to that of the mixer’s predecessor. If you own a DJM-TOUR1, DJM-900NXS2, DJM-450 or DJM-250MK2, you can update your mixer’s firmware to shorten the crossfader cut lag. The update will be available from our support page soon, along with firmware updates. The update will be available from our support page soon, along with firmware updates.
- Professional FX with detailed control: Add texture and flair to your mixes with professional FX inherited from the DJM-900NXS2.
- Sound Color FX: Simply turn the knob to apply Dub Echo, Sweep, Noise and Filter. Parameter control lets you get even more creative.
- Beat FX: Add Delay, Echo, Ping Pong, Spiral, Reverb, Trans, Flanger, Pitch, Roll, Vinyl Brake and Helix in sync with the BPM.
- FX Frequency: Choose which EQ bands you want to apply FX to: low/mid/high.
- Independent send/return: Insert send/return replaces the original sound with the effected sound from the external hardware. Aux send/return gives you the option to route the effected sound to a separate channel and mix it with the original sound. Connect an iOS device and use apps such as effectors, synthesizers and samplers in combination with the DJM-750MK2’s internal FX. Connection via a single USB cable ensures high-quality audio.
- Professional sound quality: Sound quality is grunted whether you’re playing with digital or analogue sound sources, high-quality sound is created by the 64-bit digital signal processor, dithering technology, 32-bit A/D converter and 32-bit D/A converter.
- Bundled licenses for rekordbox dj and rekordbox dvs: The DJM-750MK2 comes with free license keys for our professional dj performance application rekordbox dj and the rekordbox dvs Plus Pack, so you can play digital tracks from your PC/Mac using multi players or via turntables and the dedicated control vinyl (available separately). The mixer’s built-in sound card means you can connect to your computer using a single USB cable.
- How to use rekordbox dj and rekordbox dvs: Buy the RB-VS1-K Control Vinyl from a Pioneer DJ authorized dealer or directly from our website (limited countries only). Visit rekordbox.com to download the latest version of rekordbox for free and enter your license keys for rekordbox dj and rekordbox dvs. Find out more.
- Other features
- XLR terminal – high-quality audio output
- Two headphone outputs – ¼” stereo jack and 3.5 mm mini jack
- Signal GND terminal – easily attach ground wires from analogue turntables
- Gold-plated RCAs – premium sound quality on all connections
- Independent Mic section
Pricing and Availability
The Pioneer DJ DJM-750MK2 will be available early September 2017 and will cost USD 1.199.