También disponible en/also available in: Español
- Price: USD 339 (HDJ-X10), USD 199 (HDJ-X7) and USD 99 (HDJ-X5)
- Manufacturer: Pioneer DJ
- More Info: HDJ-X10, HDJ-X7, HDJ-X5
- Availability: October 2017
Pioneer DJ has unveiled today a new line of headphones, the HDJ-X series. It contains 3 models, the HDJ-X10, HDJ-X7 and the HDJ-X5.
The top model features what Pioneer DJ calls HD sound. In their words:
Thanks to their HD drivers, the HDJ-X10 headphones are the world’s first DJ headphones to produce high-resolution sound ranging from 5 Hz to 40 kHz. When connected to our flagship TOUR1 set-up or NXS2 set-up, you can experience up to 96 kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio reproduction with superb clarity and sound separation.
Clearly, the HDJ-X10 makes little sense with inferior equipment, so this one is only for festivals and clubs with a top of the line setup.
Moving on to the HDJ-X7. This one is actually the replacement of the previous top model HDJ-2000MK2 and improves on it with newly developed drivers.
Finally, the HDJ-X5 feature the same premium sound as the HDJ-X7.
All the models in the HDJ-X series have cleared US Military Standard MIL-STD-810G Shock test, which is pretty cool marketing talk even if no one what that test is. It should anyway indicate that they can take a beat!
- High-quality audio design: The HDJ-X10 headphones are equipped with our new 50-mm HD driver, making them the world’s first DJ headphones to reproduce high-resolution sound from 5 Hz to 40 kHz. The HDJ-X7 headphones replace the professional HDJ-2000MK2 model and feature the newly developed 50-mm driver. The HDJ-X5 headphones feature a new 40-mm driver with copper-clad aluminum wire (CCAW) voice coils.
- 4-core twisted-structure cable: The independent ground wire in the 4-core twisted-structure cable gives superior left and right channel separation, improving sound quality. In addition, the HDJ-X10 model features a highly reliable, detachable mini-XLR connector for outstanding sound quality.
- Bass reflex chamber: The bass reflex chamber in the upper housing ensures excellent bass response and sound insulation.
- Rigorously tested: Take the HDJ-X model headphones on the road and feel confident they’ll handle severe conditions and heavy use. Each model has cleared the US Military Standard MIL-STD-810G Shock test, as well as our own demanding stress testing.
- Highly durable materials and construction: Durable metal is used in the moving parts of both the HDJ-X10 and the HDJ-X7 headphones to create a strong construction.
- Water repellent nano coating: The polyurethane leather ear pads and headband cushion on the HDJ-X10 headphones are resistant to deterioration thanks to the use of nano coating, a world first for DJ headphones, so you can easily wipe off sweat and dirt.
- Suited for all monitoring styles: The housing design reduces pressure on your head and it’s textured on the outside for enhanced grip, so you can quickly grab it and start listening.
- Comfortable and flexible headband: To help you find the perfect fit, the HDJ-X headphones feature a flexible, durable headband. Passing our stringent test to open and close 20,000 times, it’s built to withstand intense use.
- Features inherited from HDJ-2000 models: As successors to the HDJ-2000 models, the HDJ-X headphones inherit popular professional features such as flexible swivels to enable comfortable monitoring however you wear them. The housing on the HDJ-X10 model incorporates an auto-return mechanism so the rotated housing automatically resets to its neutral position when you release it.
Pricing and Availability
The HDJ-X line is priced as follows: USD 339 (HDJ-X10), USD 199 (HDJ-X7) and USD 99 (HDJ-X5) and all models will be available in October 2017.