- Price: USD 99 to buy, free to upgrade
- Manufacturer: Serato
- More Info: Serato DJ 1.9.7 product page
- Availability: Now, download Serato DJ.
The Numark NS6II was announced around March but is coming out now to a DJ store near you. It’s actually a great follow-up to the previous incarnation, the NS6, featuring double USB input, an independent hardware mixer, LCD screen in the jog wheels like the Mixtrack Platinum, and other interesting features.
A quick refresh below.
NS6II Key Features
- Dual USB ports for DJ handoffs
- 2-inch color LCD display integrated into each jog wheel
- Digital mixer with (2) phono/line inputs that can be mixed directly without software
- Comes with Serato DJ (full version)
- Touch-capacitive knobs
- 6-inch multi-function jog wheel with smart learning capacitive technology
- 4-channel USB Audio
- Stereo XLR outputs, Master RCA outputs, Booth RCA Outputs
- (2) 1/4” mic inputs
- Stand-alone mixer 24-bit, 44.1K audio
- USB 2.0
- 4 in, 4 out with (2) phono preamp
- Replaceable crossfader
- Roll bar to protect front panel control knobs
Serato put up a nice video explaining the key features of the NS6II, and frankly, it does look like an absolute winner. The only thing missing are high-resolution screens to display waveforms and track information, but I guess that is in the works behind the scenes.
DJ2GO2 Key Features
The Numark DJ2GO2 has launched only a few days ago so it’s quite cool to have it already supported in this version of Serato.
A quick refresh on the overall features:
- Portable two-channel DJ controller for Serato DJ Intro (included)
- Control the music with play, jog wheels, and fader
- Built-in audio card with headphone cueing to create the perfect mix
- Song navigation and channel and master gain control
- Perfect for performing or prepping your DJ set playlist and cue points
- Standard midi mapping for use with other popular DJ software
- Fits perfectly on top of your laptop
- 1/8 inch Headphone output
- 1/8 inch main output
There is also an interesting video focussing on the features, and it quite confirms Numark has not only the beginner DJ in mind with the DJ2G02, also the more advanced DJ can take advantage of it as a training/backup controller.