- Price: USD 599
- Manufacturer: Native Instruments
- More Info: Native Instruments Maschine MK3
- Availability: October 2017
Native Instruments has released the all new and much improved Maschine MK3 groove box and as with each iteration, everything is a little bit better.
The Maschine MK3 has a few important improvements over its direct predecessor, namely bigger and better screens, bigger and better performance pads and above all, a 96kHz / 24-bit audio interface.
On the downside, it does need a computer running compatible production software to operate, which will for sure disappoint many that were expecting a standalone unit.
Personally, I really like it. The pads look gorgeous, and the extra size should make them much easier to operate, especially if you are new to working with performance pads. The screens look super crisp in the videos and pictures and that should help to get the focus away from the computer when playing.
All in all, the Maschine MK3 should convince a lot of producers to upgrade from previous iterations, and could even convince DJ’s that it’s time to make the plunge and add this to their setup.
Here is hoping some of the elements of the new Maschine MK3 will make it into the next Traktor Pro DJ controller, I certainly would fall for those screens and performance pads…
- Integrated hardware/software system includes sampler, arranger, mixer, FX, and more
- 8 GB MASCHINE library with samples, one-shots, sliced loops, sampled instruments, presets, patterns, drum kits, and songs
- Includes 25 GB KOMPLETE 11 SELECT library
- 25 pro-quality studio and creative FX including filter, EQ, delay, reverb, and compressor
- 2 high-resolution RGB color displays for precision sample slicing, sound tweaking, note editing, mixing, browsing, and more
- 16 large, ultra-sensitive pads make two-handed drumming easy
- Pro-grade, 96kHz / 24-bit audio interface with 2 x ¼” TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out, and 1 x Footswitch
- Touch sensitive knobs for parameter tweaking
- Smart Strip for strumming notes, pitch bending sounds, performing with FX, and more
- Four-directional push encoder for browsing, navigating, and adjusting levels and balance
- Powered via USB 2.0 or with the included power supply unit
- Seamless integration with KOMPLETE
- Classic groovebox features including 16 velocity levels, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage MPC 60/SP-1200 sampling emulation
- Compatible with all major DAWs (including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and FL Studio) as a VST or Audio Units plug-in, with full multi-core support
Pricing and Availability
October 2017 for USD 599.