We have talked about the new Serato version before, but now it’s official: Serato DJ and Serato DJ Intro are no more, say hello to Serato DJ Pro and Serato DJ Lite!
One of the big new features is the practice mode. In this mode, you can use Serato without a controller and still have access to two decks and most of the performance features. No need to have a controller connected. Other new features are 64-bit support, support for high-resolution displays, a redesigned pad section and much more. Check the details below.
Overall, it’s a cool upgrade and certainly a needed one, considering the progress Pioneer DJ has made with Rekordbox DJ. I will be reviewing the new versions of Serato soon so stay tuned for more!
Serato DJ Pro
- Practice Mode: Practice Mode allows you to mix two tracks together with no hardware connected – ideal for testing out your blends wherever you are.
- Bigger Libraries and rock-solid reliability with 64-bit support: 64-bit support now means Serato DJ Pro performs better than ever with virtually no limit on library size
- Optimised for high-resolution screens: Serato DJ Pro has been optimized for high definition Retina, 4K, and UHD displays.
- Optimized UI + new performance pad layout: Display your cue points in a new but very familiar layout. This makes planning and performing your routines more efficient.
- Improved Help and Support: The new help section includes tooltips, shortcut keys, and tutorials. You’ll also have the option to contact our support team, and the ability to search our knowledge base in-app.
Serato DJ Lite
- Practice Mode: Practice Mode allows you to mix two tracks together without DJ hardware plugged in. Great if you don’t have your controller with you and feel like a jam.
- Performance Pad View Mode: Serato DJ Lite has a brand new looking UI, taking inspiration from Serato DJ Pro. Your Cue Points will now be displayed in a new but very familiar layout. This makes planning and performing your routines more efficient.
- Optimized for high-resolution screens: Serato DJ Lite has been optimized for high definition Retina and UHD displays. This means it’s super crisp and scalable.
- Improved Help and Support: same as above
Pricing and Availability
Now, free for existing users.