The Denon DJ SC5000 is a true multimedia player, accepting USB media and SD cards. It has a magnificent high-definition multitouch display that works just like a tablet, and for the first time on a DJ media player, it has 8 performance pads build right in. There is much, much to like here.
*Price Ranges in USD: 300:$ 300-500:$$ 500-1000:$$$ 1000-2000:$$$$ 2000+:$$$$$
The Denon DJ SC5000 is, in many ways, quite revolutionary. It has a multicore processor that allows onboard track analysis, a gorgeous, multi-touch screen that allows gestures to manipulate tracks in a very similar way to tablets.
The SC5000 also has performance pads onboard, a first for a professional media players. With these, it’s easy to control hot cues, but also execute loop rolls and use the slicer, much like DJ controllers have been able to do for years.
Finally, the dual deck feature allows 1 player to control 2 physical decks, with separated audio outputs for each layer.
Features & Specifications
- 7-inch HD display with multi-touch gestures
- 24-bit/96kHz digital audio outputs
- Dual-layer playback with individual audio outputs
- Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
- 8 multifunction trigger pads for Cues, Loops, Slices and Rolls
- 8-inch rugged metal jog wheel with HD central display
- Customizable RGB color around the jog wheel
- (3) USB and (1) SD input for music playback
- LAN output to link to up to four players
- Official Product Page
- My views on what the introduction of the SC5000 means to the media player market