The XDJ-1000MK2 is the upgraded version of the XDJ-1000 and has been fitted with a better screen (from the CDJ-2000NXS2), support for high-quality audio, better sound, and more. It’s not a world of difference compared to the XDJ-1000, but if you were thinking about getting the original model, going for the mk2 version for a slightly higher price is certainly worth the money!
What We Like
- CDJ-2000NXS2 like features for a much more reasonable price
- Great touchscreen, which makes the player more future proof compared to older media players
- Support for high def audio should make it more attractive for pro DJs and club owners.
What We Like Less
- You still pay Pioneer tax compared to other media player manufacturers
- Most features are only actionable from the screen, without physical buttons
- Overall plastic look, despite the USD 1.200 price tag…
Features & Specifications
- The XDJ-1000MK2 handles just like the club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2. Large jog wheels and a 7-inch colour touch screen give you intuitive control over your mix.
- FLAC and ALAC files are now supported for high-quality sound, as well as MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF files.
- High-resolution colour LED touch screen
- New high-resolution touch screen taken from the CDJ-2000NXS2, which displays large RGB waveforms and includes two new browsing features, Matching and Track Filter.
- Matching: Audition tracks in rekordbox before your performance and mark the ones that mix well together. When playing one of those tracks in your set, the XDJ-1000MK2 suggests matched tracks to play next.
- Track Filter: Refine your track search by filtering tracks by rekordbox information such as My Tag, as well as BPM and Key. Touch the screen and you can easily find related tracks to fit into your performance.
- Search: Bring up the Qwerty keyboard on the touch screen to search for tracks quickly by name or keyword.
- Hot Cues: Instantly start playback at a preset point. Up to eight Hot Cues can be set in advance to give you even more choice in the mix.
- Quantize: Cue and loop points on tracks that have been beat-analysed in rekordbox will automatically set in time with the track you’re playing. You can fine-tune the Quantize value even more accurately for total control.
- MIDI controller interface: Connect the DDJ-SP1 controller with a USB cable for tactile control of numerous features of the XDJ-1000MK2, including Hot Cues, auto loops and Slip Mode. One DDJ-SP1 can control up to four XDJ multiplayers using Pro DJ Link.
- Pro DJ Link lets you play tracks from one USB device across up to four multiplayers and unlocks a host of information and features.
- Link Export: Connect your laptop using a USB or LAN cable to play tracks directly from your rekordbox library instead of using a USB device.
- Beat Count and Phase Meter: Use rekordbox to mark key points on a track, and Beat Count will count down the beats to them from up to 64 bars away. Phase Meter shows the position of the beat in the bar, so you can compare the phase of each player with the master deck at a glance.
- Beat Sync: Hit the Beat Sync button and you can align the beat positions and BPMs of tracks (that have been beat-analysed in rekordbox) playing on two multiplayers connected by Pro DJ Link.
- High-quality audio: The XDJ-1000MK2 inherits high-quality audio design from the CDJ-2000NXS2. As well as analogue output terminals, a digital output sends audio without degradation, and the power supply circuit for analogue audio is completely separate from the digital circuit, reducing unwanted noise.
- MIDI/HID control: Use the XDJ-1000MK2 with our performance application rekordbox dj.
Relevant videos of the product