You can never have too many turntables. Numark knows this and adds to the pile with the brand new Numark NTX1000. It’s a moderately priced (USD 399) direct-drive turntable with a startup torque of 4kg, getting the platter at full speed in less than a second (0.7 sec to be precise).
- Full-size platter with high-torque direct-drive motor
- 2-speed design: 33 1/3 and 45 RPM
- S-shaped tonearm for accurate tracking
- Tonearm with height adjustment, damped cueing and anti-skate control
- Pitch range adjustable to ±8%, ±16%, and ±50%
- Adjustable counterweight for perfect tonearm balance
- Pitch fader with reset button
- Start and stop time knobs for adjustable time ramping
- 45 RPM adapter included
Much like the PLX-500 from Pioneer DJ, that is in the same price range, it has detachable RCA sockets on the back and an USB output, perfect to digitize your record collection.
Numark doesn’t seem to be making much fuzz about this one (for one, there is no promotional video) creating a feeling of “oh, by the way, we also have a new turntable out”. Which is fine, but it does give the impression their enthusiasm for it is quite tempered. Or they don’t want it to steal the thunder from the NS6II launch. In any case, we will be looking at both products at Musikmesse at the beginning of April, so stay tuned!
Pricing & availability
The Numark NTX1000 will cost USD 399 and will be available in Q3 2017.