- Price: USD 39.99 now, USD 49.99 after promo ends
- Manufacturer: Algoriddim
- More Info: djay Pro for Mac product page
- Availability: now!
Algoriddim has released djay Pro 2 for Mac, and it comes with a host of new features. The stand-out feature being the new AI (Artificial Intelligence) assisted Automix:
Using machine learning and training sets from human DJs, Automix AI intelligently identifies rhythmic patterns and the best intro and outro sections of songs. Automix AI calculates optimal fade durations and automatically applies parameter changes to EQs and filters for a seamless transition. Beats and tempos are matched using Morph which ensures that a song’s BPM is maintained during a transition. This innovative song mixing technology allows for seamless cross-genre mixes with varying tempo.
Using Match, an innovative song recommendation engine powered by Spotify, users get a continuous queue based on danceability, BPM, key, and music style. Automix AI allows users to fully lean back and enjoy the mix, yet users still have full manual control over Automix AI settings on-the-fly, as well as the ability to change the source music at any time. Using the transition button, users can trigger a seamless mix to the next song at any time.
Finally, DJ’s will be able to take decent bathroom breaks without disrupting the flow of the show! Kidding aside, the interesting part here is the applying of EQs and filters by AI. That is a first and I can’t wait to try it out, but if it’s any good, it means that the competition from (cheap) machine labor might impact DJ’s sooner than they expected.
Library management also got an update, now with better integration between iTunes and Spotify. The interface was also refreshed, with higher resolution waveforms and an overall look that approaches a lot Serato DJ.
Overall, it’s clear Algoriddim is pushing djay Pro into the professional realm and I wouldn’t be surprised if DVS functionality isn’t around the corner.
Watch out for our full review of this new version!
Apart from the innovative Automix feature described below, djay Pro 2 for Mac has a host of other new features:
- Advanced Media Library: Spotify, iTunes, Videos, Photos, File System
Successful DJing is dependent upon having a well organised media library. New in djay Pro 2 is an advanced library management system that is built around a sophisticated integration with Spotify, iTunes, Video, Photos, and the file system. djay Pro 2 now also offers its own playlists that make music management easier than ever. These appear in their own tab in the library manager, and allow users to create their own custom and smart playlists. Via the split view, users can even manage their songs from iTunes and Spotify side by side. To help organize users playlists and quickly locate songs, djay Pro 2 includes a powerful Smart Filter. With 12 different criteria, users can create rules that display exactly what they need, either to create permanent playlists, or to temporarily find a specific song.
- PhotoBeat™: People love music as much as they love their photos. Therefore, djay Pro 2 introduces PhotoBeat and unifies music with photos in a first-of-its-kind way. Users can simply drag an album or a selection of photos onto the visual decks and djay Pro 2 instantly creates a perfectly beat-matched slideshow in perfect harmony with the music. Photos are cycled on beat and the rate can be adjusted on-the-fly in a range of a ¼ beat all the way up to 4 beats per photo. Users can also apply effects to their photos in just the same way as video, as well project the visual output via an external monitor through HDMI or AirPlay.
- Accessibility: Every feature of djay Pro 2 has been carefully adapted for Accessibility, so vision impaired users can seamlessly dive into the experience. With VoiceOver enabled, users hear a description of everything happening on their screen through their headphones independent of the mix that is playing through the main speakers. This fundamentally transforms the workflow for vision impaired users and opens to them the door to live creativity on their Mac like never before.
- Keyboard Shortcuts Editor: djay Pro 2 includes a full keyboard editor which allows users to assign any feature in djay Pro 2 to a custom keyboard shortcut. This is especially useful if users work with the Touch Bar or a hardware controller and want to add more instant features to their setup via the keyboard.
- Hardware Integration: djay Pro 2 integrates seamlessly with existing professional DJ hardware and is officially certified by Pioneer DJ for plug and play integration with their CDJ line up, the worldwide standard for performing DJs. In addition, over 60 MIDI controllers are supported out of the box and can be re-mapped via djay Pro 2’s extensive MIDI learn system.
- Advanced Features:
- Cue Points and Loop saving: save and name up to 8 cue points and loops per song
- Cue Loops: assign loop triggers to cue points
- Split library: view iTunes, Spotify, Finder, and custom playlists side by side
- Single Deck mode: preparation view with a bigger library, ideal for preparing sets
- Smart Filters: instantly filter your playlists by BPM, key, date, genre and other metadata
- New audio engine: high-res waveforms, post-fader FX, high-quality filters, extensible master output effects via Audio Unit plug-ins
Pricing and Availability
Available now, at USD 39.99 for a limited time, afterward for 49.99.
What are your thoughts on this new version? Comment below!