Rane just launched the Rane One, not only their first DJ controller ever, but the very first DJ controller aimed completely at scratch DJ’s, featuring two 7.2″ motorized platters modeled after the Rane Twelve digital turntable controller.
The controller is not cheap at USD 1499, but for that price, you get a full metal, solidly built piece of gear that combines many of the features of Rane’s latest mixers with the joy of spinning decks.
The mixer includes two metal FX paddles like the Seventy Two MKII, 8 rubber performance pads per channel, and a high-quality Mag Four crossfader.
It won’t be the most portable controller though. The all-metal construction and the two high-torque direct-drive motors that power the turntables all add up to the considerable weight of 10kg.
- 7.2″ Motorized Platters with Quick Release Acrylic Disks
- Instant Access Software FX with 2 Metal FX Paddles
- Ultra-light MAG FOUR Crossfader
- High/Low-pass Filter & 3 Band EQ
- Dedicated Loop Controls
- Independent Multi-Mode Performance Pads Including Serato Scratch Banks
- Turntable Style Start/Stop
- XLR Main & Booth Outputs
- 2 x Line/Phono Inputs
- 2 x TRS/XLR Microphone Inputs
- 2 x USB Computer Connections
- Portable DJ Controller (24lbs / 10kg)
- Serato DJ Pro Included (paid upgrade to Serato DVS)
Pricing and Availability
USD 1499 and will be available in Q1 2021