Yes yes, I know this is old news, but I just couldn’t miss the chance of checking out the relatively new Xone:PX5 mixer out.
So in this video, Jamie introduces us to its key features and why this is truly an excellent update from A&H.
The things are really liked are the new FX module, which sounds great, the fact the 5th channel has all the features of the other 4 except for the channel fader, the advanced filter system that opens up so many creative possibilities…
- High specification 20-channel 96kHz, 24bit USB soundcard for seamless integration into digital DJ workflows
- Xone: Xcite FX suite – a new breed of FX specifically tailored for DJ performance – makes it easy to add energy and excitement to a track or create entire FX soundscapes
- Filter system includes HPF, BPF, LPF, resonance control and frequency sweep, plus the option to route the Aux channel and External Return to the filter
- Integrated MIDI clock engine which can send start/stop messages to external equipment; connect Xone: K series controllers to the Xone:PX5 over X:Link for hands-on control over your software
- 4 + 1 channels; flexible mic/aux channel with XLR and 1/4″ jack connectors and full 3 band EQ; upgrades to an Innofader Pro 2 cross fader (available separately) for ultimate performance
At USD 1.499, this is a definitely solid offering from Allen & Heath, and it should definitely interest serious DJ’s looking for an high-end solution at home/in the studio. I hope to get my hands on a unit soon to review it!