I have been trying to get a review unit for a while (after some good networking at Namm one should be coming out my way pretty soon) so I naturally jumped at the chance to do a quick video review and Jamie from Reloop was so kind as to take me through it.
The Mixon 4 is a remarkable controller, and with 4 channels, support for Algoriddim DJ on iPad, iPhone or Android device and Serato DJ on PC/Mac, it’s as flexible as it can be.
After close inspection, I must confirm that the build quality is there. I will for sure dive deeper into the details and secrets of the Mixon 4 when I get my hands on it, for now, you will have to do with the short walkthrough provided by Jamie.
My only gripe with this one is very simple. With all this power, why not make it a hardware mixer? 4 channels scream for DVS support and the possibility to plug in extra sources, but that isn’t there. So if your computer or iDevice dies, so dies your performance. Sure it would up the price, but since the price is sitting currently at USD 700 I say there would be room for a small price increase in return for a hardware mixer.
Anyway, check out the quick video overview below, including a small tone play performance!
- Multi-Platform support for iOS/Android/PC/Mac
- First, integrated docking station that holds up to an iPad PRO (12,9”)
- Plug’n’Play: Simply connect your Laptop, iOS or Android device and start mixing your music files or Spotify*** tracks in the cloud
- Large 30 x 30 mm Drum Pads with multi-coloured backlit LEDs and velocity sensitive technology
- 8 colour-coded performance modes including brand-new Pitch Play*:
- SLICER performance modes for cutting and mashing up your tracks
- Up to eight HOT CUES and CUE LOOPS can be triggered on each deck
- Access and fire up to eight saved LOOPS and LOOP Rolls
- Mighty SP-6 sample bank control with dedicated volume
- Serato FLIP** control for recording Hot Cue remixes and re-looping them live
- SLIP mode for creative live remixing
- Dedicated Sound Colour filter (LPF/HPF) on each channel
- Unique Macro FX Mode: Combine any effect with filters on each channel
- Dedicated LOOP Control Section with Length Indication LED-Bar
- Ultra flat XXL (155 mm) Aluminum Jog Wheels with 2-part Touch-Sensitive technology
- Visual feedback on Jog Wheels through LED illumination for Virtual Needle position & Track Time Elapsed
- Harmonic mixing with KEY SYNC*, KEY SHIFT* and Pitch Play*
- Hi-Res 14-bit pitch fader with range and Key Lock control