Numark just announced the DJ2GO2, an ultra compact and ultra cheap DJ controller for Serato DJ (although Serato Intro is included).
Right off the bat, the controller has some interesting features for being of such a compact size: 4 pads that can call up cues, loops and samples, a built-in audio interface and tiny, but not bad looking jog wheels.
You won’t find channel faders. Or an EQ section. And there is no way to control Serato effects from the controller. Mixes done on the DJ2GO2 will be rough and basic, forget about subtle and advanced blending here.
But the point of this controller is not to enable subtility, it’s basically aimed at two groups. First, it’s the ideal beginner’s controller for kids and teens. It’s simple, and it has all they need to mix two tracks together. And for the price of USD 79, there will be no regrets if it ends up abandoned in a corner after a few tries. Secondly, actual DJ’s will certainly appreciate its compact size and audio interface, making it the ideal backup/preparation controller.
For them, the point is not to perform on this but to be able to prepare loops, cue points and generally try out mixes and see if they work, without having to pull out the professional DJ rig. Also, as a backup, it’s perfect. If your main controller malfunctions, connect your DJ2GO2 and keep the party going.
- Portable two-channel DJ controller for Serato DJ Intro (included)
- Control the music with play, jog wheels, and fader
- Built-in audio card with headphone cueing to create the perfect mix
- Song navigation and channel and master gain control
- Perfect for performing or prepping your DJ set playlist and cue points
- Standard midi mapping for use with other popular DJ software
- Fits perfectly on top of your laptop
- 1/8 inch Headphone output
- 1/8 inch main output
Pricing and Availability
The Numark DJ2GO2 will be available in autumn 2017 and will cost USD 79.