In a world were turntables are making a big return, Numark is launching a mini portable scratch turntable to fill a very specific niche: portablism. Portablism is the art of scratching and cutting anywhere and everywhere, using a small portable turntable. There are videos all over on the topic on YouTube, basically it’s what the cool kids do in 2016.
So Numark decided it’s time update their original PT01 turntable and add a scratch slide switch to it.
A few specs from the Numark site:
- Built-in adjustable Scratch Slide Switch
- User-replaceable scratch slide-switch keeps the action going
- Protective dust cover and integrated carrying handle
- Wall-powered with included AC adapter or six batteries(not included)
- Built-in speaker
- Cartridge included
- Removable slip-mat
- Class-compliant USB connection for PC recording
- 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM settings
- RCA line and headphone outputs
- 1/8″ Aux input with adjustable volume
The unit runs on batteries or AC power, and includes a USB port to record vinyl straight into a computer. And it plays those cool 7 inch records 🙂
The PT01 Scratch is available for a mere 129 dollars, check the Numark site for details.