The Pioneer DJ DDJ-800 was just launched, a 2 channel version of the bigger 4 channel DDJ-1000.
The DDJ-800 is a very complete Rekordbox DJ controller, with large (but smaller than the DDJ-1000) jog wheels with a central, high-resolution screen, 8 performance pads per decks, a 2 channel professional mixer with 4 sound color effect and 14 beat effects with integrated LCD screen, and a professional array of inputs and outputs.
The price point might seem a bit high at USD 899, but you do get a very complete piece of kit in return. If you like the DDJ-1000 for its complete set of features, but need something more compact for portability, then the DDJ-800 should definitely be on your list.
The DDJ-800 is clearly not the replacement of the DDJ-RR since the DDJ-RR will remain on the market at around USD 300 less. So that is still a very good option if USD 899 is to steep.
With the launch of the DDJ-800, Pioneer DJ further expands their new range of controllers for Rekordbox DJ. Expect a full review on DjTechZone soon!
Check out my video update on this launch below
- COMPACT, LIGHTER, PORTABLE BODY: Take the DDJ-800 wherever you want thanks to its portable design, which is smaller than the DDJ-1000 by 22% in volume and 1.3 kg in weight.
- COLOUR ON JOG DISPLAY FOR QUICK REFERENCE AND ACCURATE PERFORMANCES: The DDJ-800 is our first 2-channel controller to feature high-definition LCD screens showing information such as playback time, BPM, and waveforms in the center of each jog wheel. Cue Scope indicates the distance in bars from the current playback position to Hot Cue points and Loop points, enabling you to mix quickly and more accurately. You can choose to display full artwork on the displays, helping you instantly identify the track loaded on a deck by simply looking at the jog wheel.
- FEEDBACK REDUCER – THE FIRST FEATURE ON A DJ CONTROLLER TO LESSEN MICROPHONE “HOWLING”: Pass the mic around with confidence. The DDJ-800 is the first controller that supports the new Feedback Reducer feature in rekordbox dj, which instantly detects the “howling” frequency of feedback and brings it down. Plus, two independent mic inputs give you greater flexibility when you’re juggling DJs, MCs, and guest speakers.
- CLUB-STYLE LAYOUT AND FEATURES: Perform with the DDJ-800 as if you’re using our flagship setup. All the buttons, knobs, and faders on the controller are arranged and used in the same way as those on our club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2 setup. Use Feeling Adjust to set the resistance on the jog wheels to your preferred weight for scratching and spice up your sets with the popular Sound Color FX and Beat FX from our DJM mixer series. You can instantly reference BPM and the name of the selected FX without looking at your PC/Mac thanks to the dedicated Beat FX display, making it easy to use the FX whenever inspiration strikes.
- AUDIO MIXER FEATURE – CONTROL EXTERNAL INPUT VOLUME: You can use the DDJ-800 as a mixer to control the volume of audio input from an external device – even when you’re using it on its own3 – by adjusting the trims, channel faders and EQs. And, when the controller is connected to rekordbox dj, you can use Sound Color FX and Beat FX too.
- OTHER FEATURES:
- Performance Pads – use the 16 tactile illuminated rubber pads (8 per deck) to trigger Hot Cues, Pad FX, Beat Jump, Sampler, Keyboard mode, and more
- Advanced Super Fast Search – quickly reach any playback position
- Page – switch between Hot Cues A-H and I-P
- Dedicated buttons for Key Shift and Key Sync – take direct control of rekordbox dj key-related features
- rekordbox dvs ready4 – connect multi players or turntables to control rekordbox dj
Pricing and Availability
April 2019 for USD 899.