- Price: USD 199
- Manufacturer: Pioneer DJ
- More Info: Pioneer DJ DM-40BT product page
- Availability: November 2017
Pioneer has updated their Pioneer DJ DJM-40 and added Bluetooth so that apart from using them as monitor speakers to DJ or to produce music, you can now simply connect your Bluetooth devices such as your smartphone or tablet and use it as regular speakers.
This is quite cool since it makes the DM-40BT multi-functional: instead of having to buy separated Bluetooth speakers for your day to day music listening.
The DM-40BT is a capable set of speakers, with 2 X 21 W, which should be enough for small studios and rooms. Connection-wise, it has 1 RCA input and 1 mini-jack input.
If you are looking for a small pair of active (which means they don’t need a separated amplifier to work) monitor speakers for your (small) home studio, the DJM-40BT could be a good choice, especially if you want to use them to listen to music straight from your Bluetooth devices as well.
- Type: 2-way bass reflex, active monitor speakers
- Tweeter: ¾-inch Soft Dome
- Woofer: 4-inch Fiberglass
- Included Accessories:
- Power cord
- 2 m speaker cable (for left/right channel connection)
- Audio converter cable (3.5 mm stereo mini plug to RCA)
- Bottom cushion
- Operating instructions
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Left ch: 146 x 227 x 223 mm
- Right ch: 146 x 227 x 210 mm
- Left ch: 2.7 kg
- Right ch: 2.2 kg
- Amplifier Output: Class A/B amp: 2 x 21 W / 4 Ω
- Frequency Range: 70 – 30000 Hz
- Impedance: 10 kΩ
- Power Consumption: 35 W
- Power Consumption (Standby): 0.3 W
- 1 LINE (RCA)
- 1 LINE (Mini-jack)
- 1 HEADPHONE MONITOR (Mini-jack)
- Output: Bluetooth® Specification Class 2
- Supported Codec: SBC, AAC, Qualcomm® aptX™, Qualcomm® aptX™ Low Latency
- Version: Bluetooth® Specification Ver. 4.2
Pricing and Availability
The Pioneer DJ DM-40BT is available from November 2017 for USD 199.