Reloop has launched a new 2 channel battle mixer, named KUT (if you live in a Flemish-speaking region it will sound quite funny as in Flemish this word has a very different meaning…). It looks pretty sleek, with a brushed aluminum and metallic gold finish.
The mixer comes with an innoFADER, ensuring smooth cutwork and performance. There are fader curve adjust switches on the top plate to customise the fader behavior.
The mixer has 4 dedicated effects onboard: (PHASE/FLANGER, WHITE HOUSE, LPF/HPF FILTER, GATE/CRUSH), which is a nice addition at this price point.
No support for DJ software is mentioned at launch, but I hope for Serato DJ or Virtual DJ integration in the future.
On the back, the mixer has Booth (RCA) out and Master (XLR and RCA) out. The mixer has 1 MIC input and even an AUX input that shares a channel with the MIC channel.
I really like the classic looks, reminiscent of battle mixers of old. I will be certainly looking into the Reloop KUT at NAMM later this week, so keep your eye on the site for a video review!
- Digital 2-channel battle mixer with classic design, including a dynamic effect unit
- Developed for turntablists and scratch artists
- innoFader with non-contact technology for precise cutting
- Very smooth and high-quality battle linefaders
- Customisable curves for crossfader and linefaders
- Crossfader reverse function (hamster switch)
- Dynamic FX section with 7 combined effects: Phase/flange, white noise, LPF/HPF filter, gate/crush
- Creative toggling of effects via the on/off function
- Green status LEDs give direct visual feedback of the dynamic FX section
- High-speed 8 in/6 out USB audio interface with excellent sound quality in 24-bit/96 kHz
- Recording of incoming signals (phono/line/master) via USB to PC/Mac
- Selection of USB-recording source via switch on the back
- DVS-enabled for software with freely configurable audio interface support
- 3-band EQ with switchable modes (classic/isolator)
- Additional Aux/Mic channel with combined XLR/jack socket
- Two headphones outputs via 3.5/6.3 mm jack socket
- MIDI-compatible control elements
- High-retention USB 2.0-port, particularly resistant
- Visually separated panel layout, clear separation of fader section
- Brushed black aluminium and metallic gold finish
- Fader-start via 3.5 mm control cable
- Kesington Lock to secure the device
- Incl. 90 days BPM Supreme Premium membership with a value of 60 $
Pricing and Availability
The Reloop KUT will cost USD 499 and will be available January 2018.