- Price: USD 299
- Manufacturer: Roland
- More Info: Roland DJ-202 pagina de producto
- Availability: October 2017
Roland has just unveiled two completely new DJ controllers, the Roland DJ-202 and the Roland DJ-505. They both join the Roland DJ-808 and together start to form a clear product line that is clearly designed to challenge the established Serato DJ controller order (Pioneer DJ, Reloop, Numark…)
The DJ-202 has a very similar form factor to the Pioneer DJ DDJ-RB, and while the RB is a Rekordbox DJ controller, the similarities are probably not a coincidence.
Notice the tiny pitch fader (not good) and solid large size jog wheels (very good). Furthermore, both have 8 performance pads per channel and a two channel mixer with 3 band EQ.
The DJ-202 comes with built-in drum kits from the TR-808, TR-909, TR-606, and TR-707, although the product page states the 606 and 707 kits will be added later in a firmware update. There is also a midi output to sync external hardware and software. Finally, there are Vocal FX on the mic input although I couldn’t find in the hardware the knobs or buttons that would allow to control that.
All-in-all, this is some serious punch for a USD 299 controller, and should really appeal to the creative, producer oriented beginner DJ.
- Two-channel, four-deck controller for Serato Intro
- Large platters with the lowest available latency, optimized for scratching
- Built-in drum kits from Roland’s legendary TR-808, TR-909, TR-606*, and TR-707*, realized with advanced ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology
- Eight sounds in each TR kit: Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Closed Hat, Open Hat, Tom, Rim, Clap, and Ride
- Onboard sequencer that controls Serato DJ Intro’s sampler for on-the-fly beat creation
- Independent sampler volume control
- Eight dedicated pads with Hot Cue, Loop, Sequencer, and Sampler modes for controlling Serato DJ Intro or Serato DJ software
- MIDI output for synchronizing external devices with tracks in Serato DJ Intro
- Mic input with gate, hi-pass, reverb, and echo FX
- 24-bit/48 kHz audio fidelity with high-resolution digital-to-analog converters
- Compact, rugged, and lightweight design with easy-grab handles for optimal portability
- Connect straight to your speakers or amplifier via RCA stereo outputs
- USB powered for simple connectivity
- Serato DJ Intro included; Serato DJ Upgrade Ready
- Use Serato DJ Intro to organize and build music libraries or integrate songs from iTunes—just drag a track to the deck, set and trigger cues, loops, and samples, and apply basic FX
Pricing and Availability
The Roland DJ-202 will be available in October 2017 and will cost USD 299.