Roland has launched the DJ-707M, a brand new DJ controller aimed at the mobile DJ scene, and it comes fully loaded with features that should make the hearts of mobile DJ’s run a lot faster.
The DJ-707M is, at its core, a 4 channel DJ controller with a hardware mixer that runs Serato DJ Pro. But that only covers the very basics.
Besides that, the DJ-707M has a lot of features that make the life and work of mobile DJ’s a lot easier. For example, the 10 onboard scene presets allows to set and save 10 presets for loudspeaker management, audio routing, system setup… That’s really convenient for mobile DJ’s that often do gigs at the same venues, each with their own specific audio setup needs.
Much like the Denon Prime 4, the DJ-707M also has a zone output in addition to the master and booth outputs, which allows sending a separate output signal to a separate set of speakers.
The DJ-707M also has 2 additional AUX inputs to connect external gear, and as expected from a Roland DJ controller, an onboard sequencer and build-in drum patterns to spice up your performance.
There is so much more to say on the DJ-707M, but I will keep that for the full-length review that will be posted here soon. In the meantime, let’s say that the mobile DJ scene has an exciting new tool to play with!
- 10 onboard scene presets for creating create ‘go-to’ event settings for audio routing, loudspeaker management, and system setups
- Master, booth, and zone outputs with independent speaker management processors
- Built-in feedback suppression listens out for feedback adjusting the speaker output automatically
- Dual USB Ports for seamless DJ changeover or backup laptop connection
- USB B port also works as a standard USB audio interface
- Up to 4 inputs for a guest performer with front-facing dual 1/4-inch jacks or 1/8-inch stereo aux input
- Fully assignable zone output with dedicated level control for creating a separate mix for a videographer, sending different music to another area of the venue, or adding a subwoofer
- The DJ707M is built for life on the road, with rugged, reinforced metal parts both inside and out
- Ideal size for DVS – fits perfectly between turntables and DJ media players
- Serato DVS Upgrade Ready, so you can use it as the ultimate mobile DJ mixer with your component setup
- Mic section can handle anything from straightforward speeches and announcements to pitch-corrected karaoke throwdowns
- Studio-quality microphone preamps with independent gain, low-cut, and noise gate on each channel
- Console-class mic EQ and effects
- Dedicated hardware effects from clean reverbs and delays to key-based auto-pitching and auto-ducking
- Up to four mic inputs enough for the whole party to sing along
- Deep Serato DJ Pro integration with creative tools that you’ll only find on Roland DJ controllers
- Full Serato DJ Pro support, you can use hot cues, loops, rolls, pitch play, slicer, and more
- Fully adjustable crossfader with full-range curve settings and software-adjustable crossfader margin
- Channel filter and FX can be assigned individually to the dedicated Filter/FX knob on each channel, and include Filter, Dub Echo, Jet, Noise, Reverb, Delay, Bit Crush, Phaser, Noise 2, and more
- Phono/Line Level Inputs – use DJ-707M as a mixer with turntables and CD decks
- TR-Drums + Onboard Sound Effects
- 5-Pin MIDI Output – sync with external synths, samplers or lighting rigs
- TR drum machine on Deck 3, so you can accent your songs with classic TR-808 and 909 drum loops or even provide a backing beat for instrumentalists
- Oscillator mode on Deck 4 lets you drop sweepers, synth stabs, and other onboard DJ sound effects to spice up a mix
- Loudspeaker Management x3: Master, booth, and zone outputs all have independent loudspeaker management settings, including four-band EQ, multiband compression, limiter, and mono mode. It’s like having three speaker management processors built into one unit.
- Anti-Feedback: Feedback at a gig is dangerous as it can ruin a special speech or even plague the whole event. Built-in feedback suppression listens out for feedback—and even anticipates it—before adjusting the speaker output automatically.
- Dual USB Ports: Connect two computers at once for a backup laptop connection or seamless DJ changeover. The USB B port also works as a standard USB audio interface.
- Up to Four Mic Inputs: For flexibility when you need it, the front-facing aux inputs can be used with microphones—just flip the switch to MIC for the correct level and impedance. This gives you a total of four mic inputs, enough for the whole party to sing along!
- Serato DJ Pro: With full Serato DJ Pro support, you can use hot cues, loops, rolls, pitch play, slicer, and more. Serato DJ Pro also comes with iZotope audio effects to stylize your sound with simple one-knob control.
- Fully Adjustable Crossfader: Work the perfect scratch or smoothest blend using the rugged crossfader with full-range curve settings and software-adjustable crossfader margin.
- TR-Drums + Onboard Sound Effects: There’s a Roland TR drum machine tucked away on Deck 3, so you can accent your songs with classic TR-808 and 909 drum loops or even provide a backing beat for instrumentalists. Setting Deck 4 to OSC lets you drop sweepers, synth stabs, and other onboard DJ sound effects to spice up a mix.
Pricing and Availability
The Roland DJ-707M will be available in August.