Serato has released version 2.1.1 of Serato DJ Pro, adding some interesting features to the software.
Independent pad modes
If you are using Serato DJ hardware with an OSA (Official Serato Accessory), you can now define different pad modes for each device. This means that you can now have, say, hot cues active on one device and pitch play on the other both controlling the same Serato DJ deck.
You can not only run a specific pad mode on an OSA. Serato DJ 2.1.1 lets you re-map other functionalities as well so you can adjust the mapping to control features you use the most.
Roland TR-8, TR-8S, TR-08, and TR-09 support
One of the coolest things is the possibility to sync with external Roland drum machines. This opens up a ton of creative possibilities for DJ’s and further helps to blur the line between the DJ and producer.
- Added the ability to re-map OSAs that have MIDI functionality (CDJ/HID devices excluded)
- Added support for independent pad modes on OSAs with performance pads
- Added OSA support for Roland TR-SYNC devices (TR-08, TR-09, TR-8, TR-8S)
- Added Serato OSA support for the Reloop RP8000MK2
- Fixed an issue where some large libraries would take a very long time to load
- Fixed an issue where iTunes files would not show Key tags correctly
- Fixed an issue where files containing foreign characters would be incorrectly marked as corrupt
- Fixed an issue where Spacebar and Enter do not work with caps-lock in Play/Offline mode
- Fixed an issue with Serato Video linked channel faders not fading video correctly
- Fixed an issue where tracks could restart when toggling views/Setup screen while the Akai AFX is connected
Pricing and Availability
Now, free for existing users.