Traktor Pro 2.11.3 is here, and it contains a few interesting updates. We now know that Native Instruments has big plans for their Traktor Pro software and hardware product line and that is an excellent perspective for Traktor Pro DJ.
But many DJ’s need improvements to the current line of products, and this update really improves the compatibility between Traktor Pro and hardware that many professional DJ’s use.
CDJ-2000NXS2 and CDJ-TOUR 1 HID support
First of all, there is an HID update for the Pioneer DJ CDJ-2000NX2 and the CDJ-TOUR1:
- Added colored waveforms, selectable on display among 4 different color schemes.
- Added colored stripes, selectable on display among 4 different color schemes.
- Added on-screen touch Beatjump buttons (2 / 4 / 8 beats selectable).
- Added on-screen Phase Meters for visual beatmatching.
This makes the CDJ-2000NXS2 so much more useful with Traktor Pro and will certainly attract the attention of DJ’s that are hesitant about using Traktor Pro in a Pioneer DJ booth. The top-of-the-line CDJ-TOUR1 gets the same treatment as the CDJ-2000NXS2.
Secondly, Traktor Pro adds scratch certification for the following Pioneer DJ mixers:
- DJM-750 MK2
- DJM-250 MK2
Another great addition! These mixers have been out for a while now, so it’s really good to see Native Instruments catching up here.
Also, a series of Allen & Heath mixers are now scratch certified as well:
And if you watch the video below, you will notice the presenter says that there is another mixer from Allen & Heath that “he cannot talk about” getting the same certification treatment. This means that a new mixer from Allen & Heath is on the way as well!
Finally, the update also fixes an old iTunes problem:
- It is now possible to sync iTunes song info from the iTunes node of the browser by selecting Sync Song Info from the context menu (right-click).
Pricing and availability
Traktor Pro 2.11.3 is available now, and it’s free for existing users.